Wednesday, August 13, 2008

5 months

Mommy's Little Peaches,

I cannot believe that you are already 5 months old. It seems as though time has flown by so fast. I can still remember the day you were born and how tiny you were. I love watching you grow up and learn new things every day. You can hold your own bottle now. You have been holding on to your bottle for a couple months, but you always let go of it and didn't quite understand that you had to keep holding it in order to drink it. You have that mastered now. Mommy still likes to sit and hold you while you're drinking your bottle from time to time and look into those pretty blue eyes as you stare back at me. I want to take advantage of it while I can. Before I know it, you are going to want to do everything yourself with out my help as that is obviously a part of growing up. You roll over all the time and you have just discovered this EXTREMELY loud squeal about a week ago. You stand up really well with Mommy's help. You have also been doing that for a long time now. You have very strong legs and I have a feeling that you will be walking really early. When you get excited you sling your arms around, kick your legs and squeal and smile. You have the biggest, prettiest smile that just lights up my heart. Your eyes are such a beautiful blue and they are really bright when we go outside. You love being outside and you love the water! We have gone to the pool a few times and you absolutely love it as well as bath time. You kick your legs and splash in the bath tub. Last week, (2 nights in a row) you pooped in the tub while Mommy was bathing you. You thought it was quite funny. :D


Right now, you go to bed about 9:30 (some times earlier, some times later) and sleep through the whole night. Every now and then you will wake up in the middle of the night, but I just give you your pacifier, cover you up and pat your bottom for a minute and you drift back off to sleep. You usually wake up around 7 or 7:30 in the morning. Mommy feeds you and plays with you and by about 10am you are usually ready for your morning nap. You nap for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. We spend the afternoon together and then you nap again around 3 or so depending on what time you got up from your morning nap. Your afternoon nap ranges from 30 minutes to 1 hour and then you are up with Mommy until bedtime. We play. You have your veggies with your last bottle then Mommy bathes you and gets you ready for bed. I always rock you to sleep and sing "You Are My Sunshine," "Hush Little Baby," and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to you. Right now your favorite toy is the Aquarium play mat that we have for you. You are going through a phase right now where you get bored really easily. Mommy tries to play toys with you and you love it for about 5-10 minutes and then we have to move on to something else.


Mommy has a video baby monitor on my night stand. It's really neat because we have a camera on your crib so I can actually see you on the baby monitor. It's like a little TV. I lay there every night before bed and just watch you sleep. You are such an angel.


I love you princess.


Love,

Mommy

No comments: